Granary Island was established in 1576 after the Nowa Motława channel was dug. It is located in the centre of Gdańsk, east of the Main Town, and is surrounded by the waters of the Motława, Nowa Motława and Opływ Motławy. From the 13th century it was an industrial district with numerous granaries. In the 16th century there were over 300 of them. The most important surviving monuments are the remaining Stągwie Mleczne (Stągiewna Gate) built in the years 1517-1519. To this day only a few buildings on the Motława River have been rebuilt.
- Adres Gdańsk