Probably the oldest water gate in Gdańsk, mentioned in 1357. The gate was built using bricks of small sizes, unknown in Gdańsk construction, called Dutch because they were brought as ballast in ship holds from Amsterdam. The first building in Gdańsk to refer to the Dutch mannerism. It is located right on the Moltava River and is the natural end of Długi Targ. It was built in place of the Kogi Gate from 1357. The gate was built for kings visiting Gdańsk. The Polish king, when coming to Gdańsk, had to wander with his family and the manor to the houses of rich patricians. This gave rise to the idea of rebuilding the old gate so that it would also have a residential function. In fact, it did not appeal to any of the rulers. The large, cold rooms, which were drawn by the cold from the Motlawa river, did not encourage to live in this otherwise beautiful building. Once upon a time, there used to be a city scale, so necessary in a medieval port town. Like the Gate of Gold and many other monuments in Gdansk, it was destroyed during World War II. As the pride of the city, however, it was quickly rebuilt. Today the gate houses one of the branches of the National Museum in Gdansk.
- Adres Gdańsk