The parish of St. Peter and Paul in Wróblewo was established in the 14th century. The history of the village itself dates back to 1308. The wattle and daub branch church, known as the Mennonite church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, dates back to the 16th century. Originally a private chapel of the Scheweke family, built in the second half of the 16th century. Four altar wings made around 1500 by a Dutch painter from the circle of the Master of the View of Saint Gudula, of which three have survived the war and a bell from the second half of the 16th century. In 1639, the chapel, together with the land belonging to it, became the property of the city of Gdansk, which extended it to the east and raised a tower in the western part of the building. The church is built on a rectangular plan, with a transom filled with red brick, orientated, tower from the west. In 1804 a wooden church was constructed on the site of the old temple. Inside, a Baroque altar is decorated with paintings of the Virgin Mary adoring the child and the Sorrowful Mother of God. The 17th century stone baptismal font has recently restored its former glory. A porch adjoins the southern wall. The arched tower is embedded in the roof and covered with a pointed helmet topped with a sphere and a flag dated 1932. The church is surrounded by abundant oaks, the most beautiful of which is about 5 m in circumference. Among the oaks, there is a stone monument in memory of the former inhabitants of the village. The object is located in the community of Suchy Dąb.
- Adres 16A, 83-022 Wróblewo
- Strona https://parafiawroblew.jimdo.com/parafia/historia-parafii/
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org