The Corpus Christi Church from the 14th century is built of field, uncoated stones, while the peaks and windows surroundings are brick. It was most probably built in the 14th century by the Teutonic Order, under whose rule the village of Pręgowo was established. The exact date of its construction is unknown. In the archives there is information from 1323, which tells about Pręgowo as a church village. In 1396 the Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights, Konrad von Jungingen, donated the village to the Order of the Brigidine Sisters of Gdansk, who had the right to establish parish priests. After 1572 the parish became a branch of the Royal Chapel in Gdansk. The tower of the church was built around 1739 and is made of a Prussian wall and its pointed top is covered with zinc. The church is a hallway on an elongated rectangular plan. On the axis of the main nave, there is a porch to the south and a tower to the west. A unique attraction is the restored frescoes on the walls of the church - Veraikon, a medieval fresco that was previously covered by the roof. The work shows the face of Christ from the scarf of St. Veronica. In addition, a group of conservators unveiled scenes from Holy Week and the Last Judgment, which is about 10 meters long and 4 meters high. The oldest ones in the church are the so-called "Zacchaeus" - painted symbols of the cross, which were put on the local mortar to celebrate the consecration of the church. In the middle of the temple there are several monuments such as a neo-Gothic pulpit, a Baroque altar, a Rococo bench set in the presbytery, on which scenes with an image of Noah's Ark were painted, as well as Gothic drips and a wooden baptismal font, wooden staircase with wooden balustrade for the ladder-type choir, Mannerist main altar and baroque side altar from the 18th century, 19th century parsonage, which is situated opposite the church, 17th and 18th century crypts and remains of the 18th century Evangelical cemetery. The building is located in the community of Kolbudy.
- Adres Kościelna 3, 83-050 Pręgowo
- Strona http://www.pregowo-parafia.net
- Telefon 58 350 80 02
Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross and the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Żuława
The church is located by the road, in the neighbourhood of the buildings of the former manor...More